Friday, June 15, 2007

"School's Out For Summer!"

Yeah!!! I can't believe we are finally done! I shouldn't say finally since I was on maternity leave until December 4, but still . . . Yeah! It's done. Despite the fact that this year has been extremely trying with one particular class, they were actually pretty good today. I would say that this was a good last day. Most off the time I am so annoyed by the end of the day that I don't even care that they are leaving.

Just a few reminders: Visit my Avon Walk page and donate if you can (even small amounts-it all adds up!). http://www.avonwalk.org Click donate and search for me by name. Or send a donation to PO Box 7637, La Verne, CA 91750

Also: Visit the
  • Pray for Rod Cathey
  • blog. And please, PRAY!


    A few headlines from around the country that I found funny:

    1) Honey, the baby's spacewalking
    “Baby monitor picks up NASA's live shuttle video.” Hilarious! Luckily the mom can still keep an eye on the baby with the other channel. Here’s the whole story:
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/14/baby.monitor.space.ap/index.html


    2) Mr. Mayor: Shut up and grow up
    Oh this is even funnier! There is some kind of editorial on how poorly “Villareconquista” is handling his divorce on the LA Times website. They don’t go into much detail, because Villaraigosa is asking people to give them privacy, but I love that the LA Times is actually headlining this title! And just when I thought they were too liberal . . . maybe the pendulum is swinging the other way???
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-lopez14jun14,0,6964079.column?coll=la-home-local

    2 comments:

    The Trebs said...

    Double HOORAY! Okay, I seriously thought that opera singer was singing to a tape.. I thought, "no one can be that good". He was incredible!!

    I know I'll see you next Friday for sure, but we have to get the kids together.

    By the way, I once again slept through the entire 8th grade dance time... never made it!! And it had NOTHING to do with the 3 margaritas either... :)

    Anonymous said...

    Yeah! You can join me in summer bliss! I'm also excited I'm a link on your page:D