Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New Job :-(

Yes, I know, it's summer . . . but we must pay for our bills. So, I have gotten a summer job at Lane Bryant, which is about 1 mile from our house. I interviewed yesterday and had training today. It was pretty boring, filling out forms and watching videos on "Shrink" (which everyone seems to know is loos prevention, but being out of the retail market for over 10 years, I had no clue!).

One funny thing was when we had to go out into the store and create an outfit to certain parameters, then come back and talk about it. Afterwards, we had to return the items to the floor. I was waiting for this older lady to finish getting something off the rack, so I asked if I could help her. Once I untangled the shirt from the hanger she said, "OK Now I need some white pants with elastic waist." Which is hilarious in and of itself because that is to polyester-1970's and sooooo old lady! So I told her we didn't have any with elastic waists but I could find another pair for her. She wanted to sit down, and as she did she asked for the pants and for me to pick out 3 more tops for her that would go with white or black pants. What's even funnier is she had no idea what size she was and wanted me to figure it out!!!! Luckily the store manager heard all of this and asked some one to take over for me so I could go back to my training! SO funny! I guess I just jumped in with both feet!

On a bad note, I came down with a sore throat about 15 minutes before my interview yesterday and feel awful today. I got drugs though and hopefully those will kick in ASAP! Another funny (but not ha ha) note, the doctor wants me to do "nasal irrigations" to loosen up the PND (Post Nasal Drip). DISGUSTING!!! Snorting salk water-eeeewww (which she warned me will burn). Why would I take this advice!?!?!?!? I'll keep you updated on whether or not I do this and if it is a successful treatment! Hee hee!

1 comment:

The Trebs said...

Nasal Irrigation? That sounds FABULOUS!! Seriously, that's nasty and I wouldn't take that advice either. As for book club, we talked a bit about the self-discovery, the path her life has taken now, and really not too much else. I'm sad that the end of the meal was ruined by the insane wait staff. Making up prices? Interesting!