Thursday, June 22, 2006

Becoming less wise

Today I become more stupid. Today I am getting my two remaining wisdom teeth out. Why do they call them wisdom teeth anyway? Is it because you get them when you are older so you are supposedly more wise? Don't most people get them in their teens? I don't know any teens I would call "wise". (maybe wise a**) Maybe they named them hundreds of years ago when people only lived to be 30 or 40 and got married in their teens, so were officially adults.

So, now that I am losing my remaining wisdom, I will be turning 30. I can't believe this day is just around the corner! I have been dreading it. Although I don't feel like a 20 something any more (married, two kids, teaching for 8 years), but I definitely don't feel like a 30 something. Identity crisis?!?!

No comments: