Tuesday, April 17, 2007

"I'm a big boy now"

Connor started pre-school yesterday!!! I can't believe it! If you look at one of my previous blogs I talked about blubbering about him moving to a big boy bed and being worried about not being able to cope with him starting school. Luckily I left to go to work and Dan stayed for a few more minutes to make sure he was OK. When Dan went to leave he said Connor had this sad, lost look in his eyes that made Dan sad. I think if it were me I would have lost it! I guess it was a good thing that I had to be back at work!

He apparently did very well at school. The teacher seemed impressed that he knew his numbers and letters already (Yea me). He did not want to use the big biy potty though. (He is not yet potty trained.) It's a big adjustment, you know, starting school and moving to a new place, so I was not surprised that he was resistant to her. He is very resistant to me with potty training as well. I'm sure within a couple of weeks he will be fine. Connor seemed to get along with the other children, although he didn't know any of their names when I picked him up. :-) We will have to work on those social skills! His teacher, Miss Wendy, is very nice and talked to me for quite a while yesterday. So far I think this will be a good fit for him. Unfortunately we have to register for next year in the next few weeks, so we need to decide if we like it there very quickly!

No comments: